author: Ori Bernstein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
date: Sun Jun 13 08:20:59 EDT 2021
license: it's all mit, baby. Since drawterm upstream is now rebased to mit, we're rebasing on their code.
@@ -1,245 +1,22 @@
-Copyright (c) 2005 Lucent Technologies
-Portions Copyright (c) 2005 Russ Cox, MIT
+Copyright © 2021 Plan 9 Foundation
+Portions Copyright © 2005 Russ Cox, MIT
+Portions Copyright © 20XX 9front authors
-The Plan 9 software is provided under the terms of the
-Lucent Public License, Version 1.02, reproduced below.
+Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
+a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
+"Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
+without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
+distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
+permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
+the following conditions:
+The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
+included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
-Lucent Public License Version 1.02
-THE ACCOMPANYING PROGRAM IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS PUBLIC
-LICENSE ("AGREEMENT"). ANY USE, REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE
-PROGRAM CONSTITUTES RECIPIENT'S ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- a. in the case of Lucent Technologies Inc. ("LUCENT"), the Original
- Program, and
- b. in the case of each Contributor,
- i. changes to the Program, and
- ii. additions to the Program;
- where such changes and/or additions to the Program were added to the
- Program by such Contributor itself or anyone acting on such
- Contributor's behalf, and the Contributor explicitly consents, in
- accordance with Section 3C, to characterization of the changes and/or
- additions as Contributions.
-"Contributor" means LUCENT and any other entity that has Contributed a
-Contribution to the Program.
-"Distributor" means a Recipient that distributes the Program,
-modifications to the Program, or any part thereof.
-"Licensed Patents" mean patent claims licensable by a Contributor
-which are necessarily infringed by the use or sale of its Contribution
-alone or when combined with the Program.
-"Original Program" means the original version of the software
-accompanying this Agreement as released by LUCENT, including source
-code, object code and documentation, if any.
-"Program" means the Original Program and Contributions or any part
-"Recipient" means anyone who receives the Program under this
-Agreement, including all Contributors.
-2. GRANT OF RIGHTS
- a. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, each Contributor hereby
- grants Recipient a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright
- license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display,
- publicly perform, distribute and sublicense the Contribution of such
- Contributor, if any, and such derivative works, in source code and
- object code form.
- b. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, each Contributor hereby
- grants Recipient a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free patent
- license under Licensed Patents to make, use, sell, offer to sell,
- import and otherwise transfer the Contribution of such Contributor, if
- any, in source code and object code form. The patent license granted
- by a Contributor shall also apply to the combination of the
- Contribution of that Contributor and the Program if, at the time the
- Contribution is added by the Contributor, such addition of the
- Contribution causes such combination to be covered by the Licensed
- Patents. The patent license granted by a Contributor shall not apply
- to (i) any other combinations which include the Contribution, nor to
- (ii) Contributions of other Contributors. No hardware per se is
- licensed hereunder.
- c. Recipient understands that although each Contributor grants the
- licenses to its Contributions set forth herein, no assurances are
- provided by any Contributor that the Program does not infringe the
- patent or other intellectual property rights of any other entity. Each
- Contributor disclaims any liability to Recipient for claims brought by
- any other entity based on infringement of intellectual property rights
- or otherwise. As a condition to exercising the rights and licenses
- granted hereunder, each Recipient hereby assumes sole responsibility
- to secure any other intellectual property rights needed, if any. For
- example, if a third party patent license is required to allow
- Recipient to distribute the Program, it is Recipient's responsibility
- to acquire that license before distributing the Program.
- d. Each Contributor represents that to its knowledge it has sufficient
- copyright rights in its Contribution, if any, to grant the copyright
- license set forth in this Agreement.
-A. Distributor may choose to distribute the Program in any form under
-this Agreement or under its own license agreement, provided that:
- a. it complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- b. if the Program is distributed in source code or other tangible
- form, a copy of this Agreement or Distributor's own license agreement
- is included with each copy of the Program; and
- c. if distributed under Distributor's own license agreement, such
- license agreement:
- i. effectively disclaims on behalf of all Contributors all warranties
- and conditions, express and implied, including warranties or
- conditions of title and non-infringement, and implied warranties or
- conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose;
- ii. effectively excludes on behalf of all Contributors all liability
- for damages, including direct, indirect, special, incidental and
- consequential damages, such as lost profits; and
- iii. states that any provisions which differ from this Agreement are
- offered by that Contributor alone and not by any other party.
-B. Each Distributor must include the following in a conspicuous
- location in the Program:
- Copyright (C) 2003, Lucent Technologies Inc. and others. All Rights
-C. In addition, each Contributor must identify itself as the
-originator of its Contribution in a manner that reasonably allows
-subsequent Recipients to identify the originator of the Contribution.
-Also, each Contributor must agree that the additions and/or changes
-are intended to be a Contribution. Once a Contribution is contributed,
-it may not thereafter be revoked.
-4. COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION
-Commercial distributors of software may accept certain
-responsibilities with respect to end users, business partners and the
-like. While this license is intended to facilitate the commercial use
-of the Program, the Distributor who includes the Program in a
-commercial product offering should do so in a manner which does not
-create potential liability for Contributors. Therefore, if a
-Distributor includes the Program in a commercial product offering,
-such Distributor ("Commercial Distributor") hereby agrees to defend
-and indemnify every Contributor ("Indemnified Contributor") against
-any losses, damages and costs (collectively"Losses") arising from
-claims, lawsuits and other legal actions brought by a third party
-against the Indemnified Contributor to the extent caused by the acts
-or omissions of such Commercial Distributor in connection with its
-distribution of the Program in a commercial product offering. The
-obligations in this section do not apply to any claims or Losses
-relating to any actual or alleged intellectual property infringement.
-In order to qualify, an Indemnified Contributor must: a) promptly
-notify the Commercial Distributor in writing of such claim, and b)
-allow the Commercial Distributor to control, and cooperate with the
-Commercial Distributor in, the defense and any related settlement
-negotiations. The Indemnified Contributor may participate in any such
-claim at its own expense.
-For example, a Distributor might include the Program in a commercial
-product offering, Product X. That Distributor is then a Commercial
-Distributor. If that Commercial Distributor then makes performance
-claims, or offers warranties related to Product X, those performance
-claims and warranties are such Commercial Distributor's responsibility
-alone. Under this section, the Commercial Distributor would have to
-defend claims against the Contributors related to those performance
-claims and warranties, and if a court requires any Contributor to pay
-any damages as a result, the Commercial Distributor must pay those
-5. NO WARRANTY
-EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROGRAM IS
-PROVIDED ON AN"AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
-KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
-WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY
-OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Each Recipient is solely
-responsible for determining the appropriateness of using and
-distributing the Program and assumes all risks associated with its
-exercise of rights under this Agreement, including but not limited to
-the risks and costs of program errors, compliance with applicable
-laws, damage to or loss of data, programs or equipment, and
-unavailability or interruption of operations.
-6. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
-EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, NEITHER RECIPIENT NOR
-ANY CONTRIBUTORS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
-INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING
-WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS), HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
-LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
-NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OR
-DISTRIBUTION OF THE PROGRAM OR THE EXERCISE OF ANY RIGHTS GRANTED
-HEREUNDER, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
-7. EXPORT CONTROL
-Recipient agrees that Recipient alone is responsible for compliance
-with the United States export administration regulations (and the
-export control laws and regulation of any other countries).
-If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under
-applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of
-the remainder of the terms of this Agreement, and without further
-action by the parties hereto, such provision shall be reformed to the
-minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
-If Recipient institutes patent litigation against a Contributor with
-respect to a patent applicable to software (including a cross-claim or
-counterclaim in a lawsuit), then any patent licenses granted by that
-Contributor to such Recipient under this Agreement shall terminate as
-of the date such litigation is filed. In addition, if Recipient
-institutes patent litigation against any entity (including a
-cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Program
-itself (excluding combinations of the Program with other software or
-hardware) infringes such Recipient's patent(s), then such Recipient's
-rights granted under Section 2(b) shall terminate as of the date such
-litigation is filed.
-All Recipient's rights under this Agreement shall terminate if it
-fails to comply with any of the material terms or conditions of this
-Agreement and does not cure such failure in a reasonable period of
-time after becoming aware of such noncompliance. If all Recipient's
-rights under this Agreement terminate, Recipient agrees to cease use
-and distribution of the Program as soon as reasonably practicable.
-However, Recipient's obligations under this Agreement and any licenses
-granted by Recipient relating to the Program shall continue and
-LUCENT may publish new versions (including revisions) of this
-Agreement from time to time. Each new version of the Agreement will be
-given a distinguishing version number. The Program (including
-Contributions) may always be distributed subject to the version of the
-Agreement under which it was received. In addition, after a new
-version of the Agreement is published, Contributor may elect to
-distribute the Program (including its Contributions) under the new
-version. No one other than LUCENT has the right to modify this
-Agreement. Except as expressly stated in Sections 2(a) and 2(b) above,
-Recipient receives no rights or licenses to the intellectual property
-of any Contributor under this Agreement, whether expressly, by
-implication, estoppel or otherwise. All rights in the Program not
-expressly granted under this Agreement are reserved.
-This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New York and
-the intellectual property laws of the United States of America. No
-party to this Agreement will bring a legal action under this Agreement
-more than one year after the cause of action arose. Each party waives
-its rights to a jury trial in any resulting litigation.
+THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
+EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
+MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
+IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
+CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
+TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
+SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.